Event Phone: 03-41497977
This course will be conducted in English with Mandarin translation upon request
Are you facing challenges in supporting your child in speech and language development, and lack of maturity, confidence and self-esteem?
THIS IS A PROGRAM THAT
- is an introductory one day class for people wishing to learn the basic RMT movements
- teaches how to use the movements with young children
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Open for those who work with young children, parents, and those interested in experiencing the movements.
Play and Development
- Play is an important part of development on many levels; physical,social,emotional and creative. We live in times when play and the social interaction of many children have become associated with screens and sedentary activity.
- At its heart play is a social and emotional development activity. Humans are social beings and have to learn to live and interact with others to be successful in the world.
- ‘Play is the work of childhood’ and is how we learn about the world.
- Play is children’s language. It is how they express their feeling; it is how they act out what is happening to them.
- Play has also been described as ‘what children and young people do when they are not being told what to do by adults’.
- Play teaches a child how to interact with others. There are lessons to be learned for a child if he is to be ready to interact well with others when he gets to school. He needs to know how to take turns, play nicely and solve problems through words not aggression.
Benefits of Play
Play has many benefits for children:
- Increases self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-respect
- Promotes a sense of security and safety
- Develops language skills through talking and listening
- Teaches how to negotiate
- Improves and maintains physical and mental health
- Increases confidence
- Promotes imagination, independence and creativity
Movement is an integral part of play. Some children who have retained primitive reflexes often have difficulties in playing and interacting with others of their own age and finding a sense of belonging and security in the world.
- Rhythm, Movement and Play
December 1, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Long Mei Wah Phoebe
Phoebe Long has the privilege of hands-on learning and experiencing Brain Gym® with Dr. Paul Dennison (Founder of Brain Gym® International), Dr. Carla Hannaford (Author of various books i.e. Smart Moves, The Dominance Factor, Awakening the Child Heart and Playing in the Unified Field), Cecilia Koester (Author of Interfacing Brain Gym® with Children Who Have Special Needs) and many other dedicated and passionate instructors.
Venue Phone: 03-4149 7977
Venue Website: http://breakthru.academy/
70-2, Block D, Platinum Walk, Taman Danau Kota, Setapak, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, 53300, Malaysia